Lobster, one of the premier delicacies of the sea, can make for a delicious meal on its own or be used as an ingredient in other dishes. Probably the most familiar lobster cooking method is boiling. However, a variety of lobster cooking methods are available, all of which add their unique elements to the rich tastes and textures of this flavourful meat.
Regardless of the method you use to cook lobster, you are sure to get a gourmet meal from your efforts. If you can adhere to the cooking temperatures and times outlined in the recipes you’re following, the lobster meat should turn out juicy, succulent, and full of flavor.
For instance, grilling lobster is a fast and easy cooking technique to present a mouth-watering dish, even better when accompanied with lime butter. Believe it or not, cooking lobster is not a very difficult task.
RV campers love cooking out. It’s an attractive and fun part of RVing and the outdoors. If you enjoy lobster meals on the go, we recommend you get live lobster for your lobster dishes to get the most out of your feed.
However, every camper needs a change after a while. Boiled lobster dishes might not be too fun after a time. For instance, you might want to try your hand at cooking lobster tails on the RV grill. Lobster meals can be very delicious and healthy for RV campers, but if you are not aware of different cooking methods, it can be intimidating to know where to get started. The hard red shell and those massive claws!
Lobster meals are easy, and there’s something about serving delicious barbecued lobsters and enjoying them outside right next to your RV. In the end, it is a perfect flavor for cooking right in front of your motorhome on your next trip!
We have already mentioned that this shellfish can be cooked in many different ways. However, we will be looking at two other recipes for preparing delicious, sumptuous, and succulent meat dishes.
Broiled Maine Lobster with Lemon Butter
It is a simple broiled lobster recipe with lemon butter that can serve two. The easiest way to celebrate the end of the summer New England style.
4 Tablespoons Of Butter, Softened
2 Tablespoons Of Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Of Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Of Fresh Chopped Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Of Cayenne Pepper
2 1 1/4 lb. Maine Cooked Lobsters
2 Tablespoon Oil
- Beat the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and cayenne pepper until blended.
- Split the lobsters in half, and remove the stomach and intestines.
- Spread the oil on the shells and meat. Broil until heated and turn at least once.
- Dot the lobster meat with the lemon butter before serving.
Grilled Southwestern Lobster Recipe with Red Pepper and Lime Butter
Compared to the traditional boiled lobster dinner, this Southwestern grilled lobster recipe will give your lobster meal a little zest with the subtle roasted red pepper and lime. We would suggest you get whole live lobsters for this grilled lobsters recipe. However, frozen lobster tails will work just as well, and you would not have to make a lot of effort with frozen tails.
4 lobsters (1—1 1/2 lb. each)
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Cup Butter Softened
Juice and Zest of 2 limes
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1/2 cup of Olive Oil
2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 Cup Chives, chopped
1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
Coarsely ground black pepper
Lemon wedges, as garnish
Note: For quicker preparation, substitute 6-7 oz. frozen lobster tails for live lobster.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and then plunge the lobster in for about five minutes to blanch. Remove the lobster and wait for it to cool so you can handle it.
- Cut the lobster in half lengthwise, remove the intestinal vein and rinse out, and crack claws.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Brush red pepper with oil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for about 15 minutes. Remember to turn several times. Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Peel off pepper skin carefully, and remove seeds before chopping the pepper.
- Blend softened butter, red pepper, lime juice, and zest until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare marinade by combining olive oil, chives, black pepper, garlic, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Brush thoroughly over the lobster and let it stand for about twenty minutes.
- Barbecue lobster flesh-side down until seared on medium heat. Turn, brush with red pepper butter, and cook shell-side down for another seven minutes. Let the lobster braise in its juices.
- Place Southwestern grilled lobsters on a large platter. Top with remaining red pepper butter, and then you can serve with lemon and lime wedges.
Most people only order lobster dishes in fancy restaurants. However, lobsters have superb texture and beautiful layers of flavor, and lobster dishes shouldn’t be reserved only for special occasions. Many people do not realize that lobster is relatively quick and easy to cook and prepare. Most lobster dishes can be prepared in under an hour.
We now know for sure that there are other ways of cooking lobster besides boiling, which can turn an everyday meal into a gourmet experience. Whether you’re on the go, in an RV, or a campsite, with different lobster cooking techniques, you can be sure that there are easy ways to make something unique and more delicious.